Which States Use the Most Water? by HomeAdvisorOctober 15, 2016
Why Do Your Faucets Make Noise? by HomeAdvisorDecember 15, 2016
Hiring a trusted professional is key to the success of any project. Ask your plumber these four questions to ensure you’re hiring the right pro for your project.
- Are you licensed, registered and insured? Avoid a plumber who doesn’t have the proper credentials. Unlicensed, unregistered or uninsured pros can make costly — and job-delaying — mistakes. If your pro hesitates before showing you his credentials, keep looking.
- Do you have references? A credible pro will be able to present examples and references to verify her past work. Always speak to your plumbers past customers before making a hiring decision. Here are some questions to ask past clients:
- Were you happy with the project?
- Was the job completed on time?
- Were there any unexpected expenses?
- Would you use this plumber again?
- Would you recommend this plumber?
- Are you experienced with this kind of job? Most plumbers can handle small jobs like minor fixture or appliance installations, leak repairs and clogged drains. But, for larger jobs, it’s important that your pro has the experience and knowledge to complete your project. Ask your plumber to provide examples of past jobs that were similar in size and scope.
- How do you expect payment? For larger jobs, most pros charge per project milestone. If you’re working on a smaller project, most plumbers expect payment upon completion of the task. Never hire a pro who requires upfront payment.